The Architecture and Design industry is one of many that requires continued education in order to uphold licensure and stay connected in the industry. Luckily, there are so many great ways to learn something new, be exposed to a side of the industry you may not have interacted with before, and ensure your licensure stays active.
If you’re looking to expand your knowledge, consider tuning in to these industry insights:
Online CEU’s (Continuing Education Unit)
Did you know that there are multiple pathways to acquiring these credits? If you’re looking to complete your credits online, visit the sites below for access to fully accredited, 100% remote courses:
- ASID Approved Continuing Education Units though The ASID Academy
- IIDA Distance Learning CEUs, these can be earned through events, webinars, and publications, or by checking in with your local chapter for their offerings.
- AIA Continuing Education is offered though their LU’s or Learning Units. To read about the difference in CEU’s, LU’s, and PDH credits, click here.
In the recent months, both live and recorded webinars became increasingly popular throughout the industry. These online seminars can cover anything from new design trends and industry updates, to software integrations and interview tips. Even some webinars by industry associations can give you CEU credits.
Check out a few of those resources below:
- 2020 Software made a wide variety of webinars available that delve into the Kitchen, Bath, and Office interior industries.
- NKBA has linked each of their past and upcoming webinars, as well as made a YouTube channel to house their past content for easy access.
- Our Principals at Interior Talent have even joined the webinar movement to share their insightful tips on Retaining Top Talent, Optimizing the Interview Process, and Maximizing Employee Reviews in our Summer Webinar Series.
Virtual (and In-Person) Events
Trade shows and conferences have taken on an adaptive form over the last year. Some of which have gone virtual, some have been postponed ensuring that they can provide the same wonderful experience to their guests, but the one consistent factor is that these events have so much to offer. Whether you’re looking to attend virtually or are marking your calendars for 2021, here are a few conferences that you might want to consider:
- NKBA Voices from the Industry, taking place at KBIS 2021, where we are so excited to see our Principals share their insight on How to Build Your Talent Bench for Recovery & Growth.
- NeoCon didn’t miss a beat when getting their Program Library available online for the public. They’ve created a platform of blogs, industry information, and details about their 2021 event.
Brush up on your software skills or broaden your platform knowledge to expand your expertise.
- Autodesk Software – Updates and Resources to Utilize
- Autodesk Software – All Platforms Free Trials or Demos
- AutoCAD – 30 Day Free Trial
- REVIT – 30 Day Free Trial
- Autodesk 3DS Max – 30 Day Free Trial
- 20/20 Design – 30 Day Free Trial & Free Webinars
- Microsoft Office Suite – 30 Day Free Trial & Free Resources
To tap into even more resources we provide by clicking here to visit our resources page.
No matter where you choose to continue your educational development, we invite you to explore the vast industry resources available for those in the A&D community and wish you all the best in your career journey.